Want to be earth-friendly at home? Here are 10 ways to live green:
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) instead of incandescent bulbs to save energy. CFLs use 75% less energy and last 10 times longer!
- Only run the dishwasher when fully loaded to save water.
- Make sure the pot size fits the burner when cooking to save energy or gas, depending on the stove.
- Unplug appliances and electronics when not in use to conserve energy.
- Use eco-friendly, biodegradable laundry detergent and bleach which costs the same as standard products.
- Buy gently used furniture and other used items instead of adding to the landfill, consider thrift stores, garage sales, Craigslist, and Freecycle.
- Change the temperature on your thermostat, each degree lowers the energy bill by 2%!
- Tune up the HVAC system every 2 years to save energy.
- Stop junk mail to reduce pollution, organizations such as the Direct Marketing Association provides services to opt-out.
For more ways to Live Green contact Christina today!
Christina Asad Edwards, REALTOR
mobile or text 937-205-4741 office 937-573-0082
Real Living Realty - #1 in OHIO!
Realty, Mortgage, Title, Relocation
Bookmark this Blog and Share It!
Real Living Open Houses
Blog article provided by Christina Cavins, a Nationally recognized Realtor with Irongate Inc. Realtors. Christina can be reached via email at ChristinaCavins@aol.com or by cell phone or text message at 1-937-205-4741. For Ohio real estate and homes see Ohio Real Estate.
Search homes for sale in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) by visiting http://BuySellOH.com
Servicing the following towns and counties in Southwest OH: Beavercreek, Bellbrook, Centerville, Cincinnati, Dayton, Fairborn, Greene County, Huber Heights, Kettering, Miamisburg, Montgomery County, Oakwood, Springboro, Springfield, Warren County, Washington Township, West Carrollton, Wright Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), Xenia, and Yellow Springs.