Here are some tips for being earth-friendly at home during the holidays:
- Through away old holiday lights and replace them with LED lights which are safer and use up to 90% less energy!
- Don't fill up a landfill with wrapping paper that cannot be recycled. Use alternative wrapping materials instead, such as: cloth or reusable gift or tote bags, usable items like dish towels or scarves, old newspapers, magazine pages, paper bags, or old maps.
- Fake holiday trees also add to landfills. Consider trimming a live, uncut tree, which can be replanted outside after the holidays.
- Don't trash old electronics! If it still works, donate it! If it no longer works, recycle it!
- Almost half of battery sales occur during the holidays. Purchase recharagable batteries versus regular batteries which add potentially harmful materials to landfills.
For more information on being earth-friendly in Dayton read the article on Green at Home in Dayton, Ohio
Christina Asad Edwards, REALTOR
2006 & 2007 Sales Masters Top Agent
mobile or text 937-205-4741 office 937-573-0082
Real Living Realty - #1 in OHIO!
Realty, Mortgage, Title, Relocation
Bookmark this Blog and Share It!
Real Living Open Houses
Blog article provided by Christina Cavins, a Nationally recognized Realtor with Irongate Inc. Realtors. Christina can be reached via email at ChristinaCavins@aol.com or by cell phone or text message at 1-937-205-4741. For Ohio real estate and homes see Ohio Real Estate.
Search homes for sale in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) by visiting http://BuySellOH.com
Servicing the following towns and counties in Southwest OH: Beavercreek, Bellbrook, Centerville, Cincinnati, Dayton, Fairborn, Greene County, Huber Heights, Kettering, Miamisburg, Montgomery County, Oakwood, Springboro, Springfield, Warren County, Washington Township, West Carrollton, Wright Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), Xenia, and Yellow Springs.