Recently bamboo flooring has become one of the most popular new flooring styles, and it's easy to see why. Here are the top ten benefits of bamboo flooring:
1. Renewable resource. Unlike most hardwood floors, bamboo cultivates plentifully, and it replenishes quickly. The leftover leaves and shoots are used as a food source for cattle.
2. Easy upkeep. Bamboo has a better resiliency than softer floors like pine or vinyl. A bamboo floor, despite its rapid growth, proves to be extremely strong and can handle the elements and high traffic areas.
3. Easy to install. There are several ways to install bamboo flooring, but adhesive is not necessary making a perfect project for Do-It-Yourselfers!
4. Cost. The cost of bamboo flooring can vary greatly, depending on grade, finish, material percentage, veneer, etc. A way to save money is by installing the floor yourself.
5. Design points. Style counts, and when it comes to bamboo floors, style is what it's about. From its mellow light hues and colors, to its widely varying grains, bamboo can match almost any décor. Bamboo is typically very light, almost white in finish, but can be found tinted and finished in a dark color.
6. Adaptability. Bamboo can be installed almost anywhere. While some materials require lots of prep work to the sub floor, bamboo can be laid over a much wider variety of surfaces. Where a laminate may be needed for a vinyl or tile material, much less expensive plywood is a more than adequate surface for bamboo to be affixed to.
7. Material Handling. General hand tools, cross cut saws, compound miter saws and dovetail saws are perfect for finishing a home project with bamboo. There is no need to use hardwood saws - despite its strength, bamboo is relatively easy to cut, and available in shorter sections so you can maneuver it easily around your work site.
8. Strength. Its natural make-up has proven it able to carry countless times its own weight, and that converts into a flooring surface which is virtually unbreakable. If you are looking for a reasonably strong, lightweight floor, bamboo might be a viable option.
9. Durability. People instantly think of tile or marble when they are looking for a durable flooring surface, but bamboo can certainly be considered a top contender for longest lasting.
10. Material Availability. Bamboo flooring can be found virtually everywhere, and being used in such high volume that your choices of manufacturer and vendor are virtually unlimited.
With these points brought to light, it's easy to see how bamboo flooring is becoming one of the leading flooring surfaces available today. From its wide adaptability and durability to its cost effectiveness, bamboo has something to offer everyone.
Christina Asad Edwards, REALTOR
2006 & 2007 Sales Masters Top Agent
mobile or text 937-205-4741 office 937-573-0082 fax 937-433-3561
Real Living Realty - #1 in OHIO!
Realty, Mortgage, Title, Relocation
Blog article provided by Christina Cavins, a Nationally recognized Realtor with Irongate Inc. Realtors. Christina can be reached via email at ChristinaCavins@aol.com or by cell phone or text message at 1-937-205-4741. For Ohio real estate and homes see Ohio Real Estate.
Search homes for sale in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) by visiting http://BuySellOH.com
Servicing the following towns and counties in Southwest OH: Beavercreek, Bellbrook, Centerville, Cincinnati, Dayton, Fairborn, Greene County, Huber Heights, Kettering, Miamisburg, Montgomery County, Oakwood, Springboro, Springfield, Warren County, Washington Township, West Carrollton, Wright Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), Xenia, and Yellow Springs.