Here are some green summer watering tips to help make the lawn green and save money.
- Make a rain barrel and connect it to a downspout.
- Use a soaker hose instead of sprinklers to minimize evaporation.
- Nozzles help reduce water waste by controlling water flow.
- Mulch the landscape. Mulch keeps weeds from growing and helps retain moisture.
- Landscape with drought-tolerant plants.
- Hydrate plants with grey water - water recycled from doing laundry and washing the dishes.
- Water during cooler hours of the day to minimize evaporation.
- When mowing, keep grass blades long. This promotes a more resilient lawn that fares better during dry times.
To calculate personal water usage, check out this the H2O Conserve Water Calculator.
About the Author...
This Green Summer Watering Tips article was provided by Christina Asad Edwards, a Nationally recognized Realtor and Residential Relocation Specialist. Christina can be reached via email at Christina.Asad@RealLiving.com or by cell phone or text message at 937-205-4741. Christina has helped thousands of people move in and out of the Dayton Ohio area and other Southwest Ohio towns. For Ohio real estate and homes see Dayton Ohio Real Estate.
Want to have MLS access to beat other buyers to your dream home? Sign up with no obligation at the MLS Property Finder Site.
Servicing the following towns and counties in Southwest OH: Beavercreek, Bellbrook, Centerville, Dayton, Greene, Fairborn, Kettering, Miamisburg, Montgomery, Oakwood, Springboro, Warren, and West Carrollton OH.
Click here to view Christina Asad Edwards' Real Estate Profile
Blog article provided by Christina Cavins, a Nationally recognized Realtor with Irongate Inc. Realtors. Christina can be reached via email at ChristinaCavins@aol.com or by cell phone or text message at 1-937-205-4741. For Ohio real estate and homes see Ohio Real Estate.
Search homes for sale in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) by visiting http://BuySellOH.com
Servicing the following towns and counties in Southwest OH: Beavercreek, Bellbrook, Centerville, Cincinnati, Dayton, Fairborn, Greene County, Huber Heights, Kettering, Miamisburg, Montgomery County, Oakwood, Springboro, Springfield, Warren County, Washington Township, West Carrollton, Wright Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), Xenia, and Yellow Springs.