With spring on its way, March is a good time to consider preparing an air conditioner or cooling unit for the hot days ahead. A few tips include:
- Always turn off the power before working on any appliance. This can be done by flipping a disconnect switch on the air conditioner, or by turning off power at the circuit breaker.
- Clean the outdoor condenser coil by vacuuming the fins carefully.
- Clean or replace the filter indoors.
- Check the condensation drain for sludge or algae growth and clean if necessary. Make sure the drain port isn't blocked.
- Turn off the humidifier if present.
- Open the blower compartment and vacuum up any dust that has accumulated.
- Reconnect the power.
Anyone unsure of their ability to do any of the above repairs can call a licensed professional. Regular, annual maintenance can help prevent problems later.
Blog article provided by Christina Cavins, a Nationally recognized Realtor with Irongate Inc. Realtors. Christina can be reached via email at ChristinaCavins@aol.com or by cell phone or text message at 1-937-205-4741. For Ohio real estate and homes see Ohio Real Estate.
Search homes for sale in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) by visiting http://BuySellOH.com
Servicing the following towns and counties in Southwest OH: Beavercreek, Bellbrook, Centerville, Cincinnati, Dayton, Fairborn, Greene County, Huber Heights, Kettering, Miamisburg, Montgomery County, Oakwood, Springboro, Springfield, Warren County, Washington Township, West Carrollton, Wright Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), Xenia, and Yellow Springs.